It’s official: the Samsung Galaxy Note10 is available in two sizes
The Samsung Galaxy Note10 series has officially launched and here are some of the key specs and features you need to know about it:-
- Two models/sizes: For the first time since 2014, the Galaxy Note series is returning to offer two distinct sizes to appeal to a wider group of audience. The Galaxy Note10 has a 6.3-inch screen in more compact form factor while the larger Galaxy Note10+ has a 6.8-inch screen – the biggest Note ever!
- Thinner: Galaxy Note 9 is 8.8mm thin, but the new Galaxy Note10 is just 7.9mm thin!
- Less bezels, more display: Featuring an Infinity-O Display like the Galaxy S10 series, this brings the hole-punch screen design to the Galaxy Note series for the very first time for a more cinematic and uninterrupted experience with less bezels getting in the way.
- More power: The Galaxy Note10 uses a new 7nm Exynos processor, the first to use this advanced manufacturing process technology and that allows it run faster and be more power-efficient than ever before. It is augmented by 8GB of RAM on the Note10 while the larger Note10+ has 12GB of RAM. Find out more about the processor here.
- More speed: The processor is also equipped with a speedier 4G LTE Advanced modem supporting up to 2Gbps downlink connectivity!
- Larger battery & yet lighter: The Note10+ boasts a 4,300mAh battery, much larger than that of the Galaxy Note9. The smaller Note10 has a 3,500mAh battery, but the good thing is that it’s much lighter than the predecessor at only 168 grams. Even the larger Note10 is a tad lighter than the Note9 at 198 grams.
- Speedier charging: Both models can charge up quickly with the supplied 25W charging adapter, but the Note10+ also boasts Super Fast Charge 2.0 that allows it to charge at 45W with an optional adapter. Wireless charging is also improved as the Note10 charges at 12W while the Note10+ manages up to 20W with a suitable wireless charger. Like the Galaxy S10 series, Wireless PowerShare is now available on the Galaxy Note10 series to charge other Qi-compatible wireless devices.
- A more advanced S Pen: The new S Pen Air Actions feature gives you extra phone control and flexibility through clicks and gestures.
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor: Similar to the Galaxy S10, the Galaxy Note10 series ditches the Iris Scanner and standard fingerprint sensor for an under-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
- Improved Samsung Dex: Now you don’t need the extra cradle, or the extra screen and connectivity options. The Galaxy Note10’s Dex feature allows you to plug it direct to your PC or Mac to unleash Dex functionality you’ve come to expect, only now with more seamless usage experience with your main workstation of choice.
- No more Bixby button: Just activate Bixby via voice.
- A TOF (time-of-flight) camera: Both the Galaxy Note10 models come with all the camera options you need just like the Galaxy S10 series – 10MP selfie camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP wide-angle camera and a 12MP telephoto camera. However, the Galaxy Note10+ has an added DepthVision camera, or also known as a TOF camera to capture depth data that’s useful for AR/3D applications.
There will be 5G versions of both phones, but those will only be available in markets that support 5G.
The US pricing for the Galaxy Note10 LTE version starts from US$949 (~S$1,310), while the price of the Galaxy Note10+ starts from US$1,099 (~about S$1,518).
Local pricing for the Galaxy Note10 is as follows:-
- Galaxy Note10 (8GB RAM, 256GB storage): S$1,398
- Galaxy Note10+ (12GB RAM, 256GB storage): S$1,598
- Galaxy Note10+ (12GB RAM, 512GB storage): S$1,898
Consumers who pre-order the Galaxy Note10 (256GB) and Galaxy Note10+ (256GB) will be entitled to the following complimentary pre-order exclusives (worth S$336 and S$398 respectively) upon full payment for their pre-order while stocks last:
- Galaxy Note10 (256GB): Galaxy Buds in Black worth $238 and a Samsung Wireless Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) in Silver worth $98.
- Galaxy Note10+ (256GB): A free upgrade to the Galaxy Note10+ (512GB) worth $300 and a Samsung Wireless Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) in Silver worth $98.
Visit the following websites for more information on pre-order / registration of interest:
- M1: www.m1.com.sg/galaxynote10
- Singtel: www.singtel.com/galaxynote10
- StarHub: www.starhub.com/galaxynote10
You can also pre-order at Samsung Experience Store Online / Samsung Experience Stores / Galaxy Studio @ Plaza Singapura.
Read Next (1): More Samsung Galaxy Note10 pre-order details and special offers
Read Next (2): Hands-on experience with the Galaxy Note10 series
Read Next (3): The brain powering the Galaxy Note10 series